Lumanti Support Group for Shelter a non-government organization actively contributing to the improvement of the living conditions of low income people in Nepal through improved shelter is currently seeking applications from qualified Nepalese citizens for the Community Engineer based in Chitlang.
Position: Community Engineer
Location: Chitlang, Makawanpur
Duration: One Year
• Support the coordinator for the community led reconstruction and rebuilding.
• Support coordinator and community to conduct vulnerability assessment and ensure effective planning of rebuilding program in working area.
• Coordinate with Municipalities, DDRCs and relevant stakeholders.
• Support and strengthen women groups and local organizations through saving and credit schemes.
• Ensure promotion of participatory approach, community is well mobilized and project concept is well understood.
• Ensure effective integration and mainstreaming of gender and the principle of "inclusiveness"
• Ensure that designs, drawings, and cost estimates for construction are prepared, checked and approved before expenses are incurred.
• Ensure that all financial requirements and norms are met before making recommendation for payment of expenditures or settlement of accounts.
• Contribute to the preparation of learning documents for knowledge management and publication.
• Represent Lumanti in the meetings with stakeholders in the community as required.
• Ensure well documentation of the process and products.
• Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering
• Minimum 3 years work experience
• Gender Sensitive
• Ability to work in the team and have the team work spirit
• Experience on disaster responsive activities
• Experience on socio and technical skill in working community groups in housing and community development
• Familiar with urban poor people's housing, environmental, water and sanitation rights and other basic needs issue. Ability to work under pressure and ready to work long hours if required.
• Good knowledge of Auto CAD 2D, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Package and GIS
• Good design and drafting skills and has experience of site supervision.
• Has the knowledge of Structural analysis tools such as STAAD
• Keen interest and commitment to support for community led development processes.
Qualified and interested individuals are requested to download the job application form from www.lumanti.org.np and send their applications with names of two references and a separate page why they feel they are suitable for the position immediately to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com before 21st Dec, 2017.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further screening process.